Welcome to the Fulton Library!
We are excited to welcome students to Fulton’s library!
Monday and Friday: 9:00 am – 12:45 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8:15 am – 2:15 pm
Thursday: 8:15 am – 12:00 pm
Library books are due back 2 weeks after they are checked out.
There are no late fees, but lost or damaged books must be replaced or paid for. Students with outstanding books or unpaid lost / damaged book fees will not be able to check out new books until the issue is resolved.
Need Help Staying Focused While Reading? Things to consider:
- Do you have the wrong book? If you’ve lost interest in a book you’re reading for fun, don’t make yourself finish it. Find something that interests you (maybe a different subject or author) and try again.
- Don’t limit yourself to books. Read magazines too, for example. Any reading is good reading!
- Make the time. Pick a time during the day when you have less on your schedule (maybe before bedtime) so your brain can relax and focus on the words you are reading.
Scholastic recommends 17 simple ways to keep your middle schooler engaged in reading.
How to Access Destiny Discover:
Destiny Discover is the online way to see what books are in the library, place holds on library books, and access other resources.
Here's how to get started:
- Visit gofollett.com
- Enter Location (California)
- Enter School (Fulton Middle School, Fountain Valley, CA)
Once you are on Destiny's home page, you can login (top right corner) following these steps:
• User Name = your school email address
• Password = your 6 digit school ID number, plus 2 zeros
Now you can search for titles either using the search bar at the top, or by exploring the “Topics”, "Recently Added Books", and "Popular Titles" sections.
You can also place a hold on a book by clicking on the title and then clicking on the HOLD button.
If you scroll further down, you'll see Fulton's eBook collection where you can VIRTUALLY check out a book.
At the top of the Destiny Discover homepage, there are "Learning Links".
You can click on these links to gain access to sites like the Huntington Beach Public Library, Scholastic Home Base, and other eBook options. If you are doing research for a report, Britannica School and ProQuest are wonderful links to explore.
A few of the "Learning Links" require additional information to get access. Here’s what you'll need for those:
School/library name: Fulton Middle School
User ID: fultonms
Class code: jzq5125
For Britannica School (when off campus):
User name: fvsd
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
I’d love to talk to you!